Opening Hours: Physical terminals may only be used during the Academic Commons Opening Hours.
Location: NYU Shanghai Library, 5th Floor, North Building/H!TIME Hall (near the service desk)
- Please understand that you should use Wind and Bloomberg only for the purpose of academic research and courses, with the knowledge that for-profit and/or personal uses are forbidden. You can never share full or substantial portions of reports, articles, spreadsheets, datasets, etc. from Wind and Bloomberg with anyone outside of NYU Shanghai, including experiential client projects, internships, and current employers.
- The maximum booking duration is 120 minutes each time and two times a day. We hope everyone can be attentive to their booked slots and obey the rules to make others use the terminals conveniently.
- If the reserved workstation is occupied when you arrive, please notify one of the staff at the desk. Note that you may forfeit your reservation if you are more than 15 minutes late, or leave the terminal unattended for more than 15 minutes during your reservation period.
- Excel Add-In (also known as API) download limits: Yes. When the download is at its limit, users need to wait until the first day of the next month (Bloomberg) or another 7 days (Wind) before it resets or try the other terminals. Please remember to be considerate to fellow users - only download what you need or export data from the terminal interface directly which doesn’t count in the download limit of Excel Add-In.
Bloomberg Terminal: Physical terminals are available for NYU Shanghai students only. Please note that there is no remote access available after June 30th, 2022.
Wind Terminal: Physical terminals are available for NYU Shanghai and NYU Study Away Students. Please note that only NYU Shanghai students (including NYU Stern-NYU Shanghai Joint Programs) studying remotely (not physically in Shanghai) can apply for Wind remote access through NYU Shanghai's VCL service. Study away students in Shanghai will need to visit the academic building to use Wind Terminal in person.
- Wind Guide
- Wind Terminal 2 has an additional Global Enterprise Module (全球企业库) with data from 企查查.
- Please do not turn off the WIND VCL computer when you log it out.
- Business faculty and students can also access the terminal purchased by Business Department in Room S852 (Opening hours: the same as campus opening hours)
How to Reserve a Financial Terminal:
- Use the Reserve Rooms and Financial Terminals feature to the right of this page.
- From the Make a Reservation menu, select the terminal you wish to use.
- On the following page, navigate to the date/time for which you wish to reserve a terminal and select your desired reservation.
- At the bottom of the page, click the button that says Submit Times.
- On the following page, accept the Terms for using these terminals and confirm your booking by clicking the button that says Continue, and then the button that says Submit My Booking.
- You will receive an email confirming your reservation(s).